Wednesday, January 4, 2012

dare you see a soul at the white heat?


come gather round people, come watch me bleed
for it is but my fate, no adopted professed creed
not atoning for my sins, and i don’t hope to be freed

come gather round people, come watch me burn
watch closely now, and see if you can discern
if the flames lick my heart, or if falsely i perform

come watch me lash myself as i dance across the streets
and drive hot spikes through my tongue and my cheeks
i’ll rip out my fingernails and on my forearms burn holes
tear out my skin in strips and walk on burning coal
watch the blood freely flow, see this chain of knives linked
watch the hot metal glow, smell the stench of burning skin

come, gloat and feel smug at being normal, sane
as i, the aberrant psycho, howl my heart out in pain
come, with your stone hearts and your dead eyes
revel in my sorrows and see if u come alive
come laugh at me or see if you want to weep
for joy is but fleeting, it is sorrow that is deep
come escape your death-like numb existence
but they say it may be contagious
so keep your distance

no artistic accomplishment, i claim no talent
i’m just another faceless nobody out to give vent
to this morbid fire that within me is raging
but come, for it’ll be a spectacle most engaging
and how real it will be! no fake pretense
but come, please; for i do need an audience
 

No comments: