Saturday, October 19, 2013

do it now so it hurts me less


give up, whoever you are wherever you may be
go on and give up on me
no mail will you get nor a letter receive
today again you won’t hear from me
unsated you’ll have to spend another day
there’s nothing again that i’m going to say

you’ll yet again sit slumped at your desk
smoke yet another cigarette
in vain attempts to smoke away my memories
or restlessly nibble away at another slice of cheese
or distractedly twirl a strand of your hair slow-
ly as you yawn and blankly stare out of the window

but looking back you’ll eventually realize
i was hardly pleasant, and besides
not half as addictive as these
cigarettes and yawns and cheese
and you’ll unceremoniously let me slip atop the heap
of things relegated to the realm of forgottenness


No comments: