Friday, December 2, 2011

fine, soul sold

you try in vain
to piece together a picture of me
from these ramblings i call poetry
alas, it is but abstract verse
borrowed sorrows are all I nurse
all made up fibs, all blatant lies
cold and distant winter skies

now i give nothing away
i write fiction anyway
this is not me anymore
this cold scream that pours forth
this hollow howl, it ain’t me
my spirit dwells elsewhere, free

forever beyond reach, I am
aloof from all that’s said
sitting with my feet up
and my hands behind my head
i am just a half amused onlooker
watching these ideas take shape
as staring deep into my eyes they  
listlessly caress the hair on my nape
and then escape through doors
of broken window panes
these ideas are whores
that titillate

you tread not on my dreams
but in elaborate sets that i create
lost amongst the smokescreens
of cold and foggy winter days
on shadows, broken, by blotches
that the dappled sunlight makes
as it filters through, inspite
of this swirling black dye

an inky black sky
cold cobblestones, weathered
blurry blobs of streetlights
the glass in your hand glittered
do you remember that night?
the sparsely crowded market square
in the fairytale town of bruges somewhere
do you remember what you said?
memories are lies i draw from my head
I asked you to stay, and bang bang
you shot me dead
do you remember that night?
no, that never happened, right?
go on and call my bluff
‘coz what you really said was
not enough

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Really liked this one!

batalaland said...

i'm glad you did.