Sunday, August 24, 2014

run. love. write


i run
knowing i’ll never win. i love
knowing you’ll never be mine. i write
knowing i’ll never be read

hope is a distant thing
i work with the certainty of defeat
and it gets worse every year
downward spiral, pause, drift, repeat

running is just an attempt of mine
of making peace with distance and time
those timeless enemies of love
the eternal bane of my life

my love is just a stupid mime
a vain lonely exercise
to keep myself distracted
and keep the poetry going

my poems are just serving time
with no life of their own outside
my fading notebooks, unread
stashed away beneath the bed

and yet
day after day
week after week
season after season
i continue to write
to run. to love
for no other reason
but that i must

run
away from things. love
away my loss. write
away my longing


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being read

batalaland said...

:)

Anonymous said...

‘when you write from a point of no return
your readers can’t accompany you there
you go alone, to leave it
and know not when else you will meet it.
but meet it, you shall.

still i suppose you already knew that’