Thursday, April 12, 2012

pray, what gives me away?


a sunny afternoon warm
you lie in the crook of my arm
brown curls all over my face
these lazy summer days
with no one around
they seem to make you bolder
your head on my shoulder
staring in to my eyes
your inadvertent lies
couched in your coquetry
are good for the poetry
and so i let you flirt
coz though i know it’ll hurt
the pain won’t linger
playfully biting my fingers
licking my ears
finding again my lips
don’t spoil me like this
when you don’t even love me
you don’t even love me
you don’t
but i relish your fervent lies
and lie back with half-shut eyes
it’s nice to give in sometimes, and well
the sun is nice and warm and you smell
of mud dry and dusty
just before the rain
and oh lovely pain
you come with such bliss
but i realize too that maybe
i’m getting too old for this
all this mindless torment
the heartache you foment
and then imagine for a moment
if any of this you actually meant
and i think, maybe
it’s time i got a cat instead
since cats are forever indifferent

 

No comments: