Sunday, October 5, 2014

what if?


what if i was to fall in love with you?
what if as i write this, i am in love with you? and
what if i was to never confess it to you?

what if you went on living and found love
found love and lived a lifetime, content
and some distant faraway day, somehow
discovered quite by accident
that this was written for you, now

would it alter anything at all?

what if i then told you
- in my wretchedness, having become cruel -
that i was just waiting for you?
that all that while i’d just been waiting for you
for you to take one step
to say but one word?
just a gesture
however small?

would it alter
anything at all?


2 comments:

Divya said...

Well, it would prove that 'you' were a stupid and pompous prick, but that wouldn't actually change anything :p

Sorry, I just had to. This got me feeling angry somehow, like if it happened to me which it won't, I would say what I wrote above :p

batalaland said...

haha! :)