Thursday, June 14, 2012

slightly messed up


i’ve already put out the lights
but i must remember to go shut the drawer
and put away the scattered letters before i go to bed
letters from a woman who doesn’t want me anymore

a tight little cluster of stars
moves across the sky. ya, i’m a little high
it’s a plane flying low and i can almost hear
the sound of its dull rolling thunder if i try

it leaves the silver oak quaking its leaves aflutter
and me caressing the smooth blue lighter
which i switched for mine; a keepsake, stolen
from another woman who doesn’t want me either

there are others too, but let it be, who’s
ever gained from scratching ugly welts
or picking bloody scabs. and cutting open  
veins in neat longitudinal cuts makes little sense

they come tumbling over each other
tonight the words too disregard me
just leaving my lips like shapeless smoke
that a draught carries down the street

and as my head spins i keep seeing my picture
on this poster that says in bold brackets
a well formed human body, male
is up for sale, do you want it?


1 comment:

Varali said...

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/when-a-man-hasn-t-been-kissed/